Some House of Bread Bakery Cafes offer hands-on bread baking classes. Students will be mixing their ingredients and kneading their own dough by hand. As a group, they learn how bread is made, the chemistry behind successful loaves, how dough is kneaded, how it should feel, how to bake it and what creative, fun things can be made. Students leave with their own loaves or other products, recipe packets, enough flour to make their own bread at home, and the knowledge to make bread from scratch.
There are no prerequisites to the classes, so beginners and advanced students are welcome. Classes start at 10:30am and last approximately 3 hours. All classes cost $63 per person. Adult Child class is $20 per child, with at least one paying adult of $63. Minimum age is 5 years old. Classes include mixing, kneading, baking instructions, take home recipes, breads and other treats made by your own two hands! Class size is limited to seven people, so sign up soon.
Registration for baking classes are managed through the bakery. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 775.322.0773. If these dates don’t work, then ask about our private classes! You choose the class subject and invite up to eight of your closest friends to join you. The cost is $250 plus a $15 per person material fee. Call the bakery for more information. 775.322.0773.
Class Schedule For 2018:
- April 14th: Baking Basics - Grandma’s White, Cheese Breads, Cinnamon Rolls, Basic loaf Shapes
- April 24th: Whole Grain Breads – Wheat Breads
- May 1st : Sourdough Breads and Starters
- May 5th: Quick Breads, Chocolate Zucchini, Muffins and Scones
- May 7th: Gluten Free Breads, and Cookie
- May 19th: Flat Breads, to include Foccacia, Pita and Pizza dough.
- June 19th: Artisan Breads – Ciabatta & French Breads
- June 23rd: Parent Child class-minimum age 5 and one parent needed per child sign up. $78 for both.
On line Baking Classes Coming Soon!
If a class is full, add yourself to the wait list! We will add another class if there is enough interest.